KorTerra, Inc. – Chanhassen, MN 55317
We’re in search of a DevOps Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems that bring our business to new heights. You’ll need to have strong experience in Azure, because you’ll be creating cloud formation templates to build Azure services to support custom .NET applications—which means you’ll need to be fluent in .NET, too. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes, and systems. Are you detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver? You’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
You will work closely with leadership to identify and establish DevOps best practices in the company. You will help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure. You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Lastly, you’ll build our CI pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update existing and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and Jenkins.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available production systems.
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Windows administration, and Azure.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Cosmos, Elasticsearch, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
Salary, Benefits And Other:
- KorTerra offers a dynamic team environment with a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, long term disability insurance, life insurance and PTO.
- We are proud to be an EOE employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background check and substance abuse testing.