Are your locators able to perform their work efficiently and accurately and can you quickly scale to meet customer demand? Is your organization equipped with the tools to help your business grow profitably? With growing demand in the fast-paced, competitive, contract locating industry, having the right technologies to manage your high volume, tight turnaround time work is critical. KorTerra provides the tools contract locators need to maximize field locate activity and reduce risk to your customer’s assets.
- Manage and monitor staff performance from a centralized dashboard
- Keep your customers up to speed with time tracking, billing, and invoicing
- Provide extra attention to tagged high consequence locates or risky excavators
- Identify opportunities for process improvements that maximize operational efficiency with reporting and analytics
- Increase your field locate activity by 20+ percent
- Avoid late locates and associated fines with alerts that help keep your staff on schedule
- Reduce damages and risk to underground facilities
- Save time and money by identifying and clearing tickets where there is no conflict between the excavation area and customer facilities
Mobile Field Enablement
- Efficiently route and mobilize your field locators with technology that connects you anywhere, anytime
- Keep up with your high-volume workload while maintaining ticket integrity
How are leading contract locators in the damage prevention industry utilizing KorTerra?
Magnolia Brothers Utility Consultants
KorTerra Advantage: Locate Management and Productivity Management
Magnolia Brothers offers utility consulting services and is the exclusive provider of utility locates for one of the largest privately held wireless carriers in the United States. Employing a team of 19 locators, Magnolia Brothers processes upwards of 136,000 tickets annually.
Having a considerable amount of experience with damage prevention and locate ticket management systems in the utility industry, the owner of Magnolia Brothers knew exactly what he was looking for in a ticket management solution. Magnolia Brothers utilized KorTerra since its inception to ensure thorough documentation of work throughout a far-reaching territory, extensive audit capabilities and archived data to establish one source of truth, tools to increase locators’ ability to operate as a team, and 24/7 visibility for team members and stakeholders.
- Locators provided complete documentation of work augmented by attachments that tell the whole story, without having to worry about distribution or storage of attachments.
- Audit capabilities and archived records ensured the protection of all stakeholders in the event of a damage.
- Defined areas of responsibility throughout a vast territory and real time access to integrated maps while in the field allowed locators to work more effectively.
- Emergency notifications assured the right personnel were alerted immediately and able to respond promptly.
At-fault damages reduced by over 50% through enhanced reporting and records of assets
Implemented a single software solution to coordinate entire operation
Detailed reporting metrics and invoices effortlessly provided to utility clients for account management
As a result of using KorTerra for ticket management, Magnolia Brothers experienced full visibility throughout the organization. Magnolia Brothers is also able to provide end clients with increased transparency and detailed insight into field operations. KorTerra’s reporting capabilities allowed for billing of several types of completed locates (routine, maintenance, emergency) in addition to engineering tasks. Implementation of KorTerra resulted in time and cost savings for Magnolia Brothers, as well as an increased ability for locators to work efficiently.
“KorTerra has made my job tremendously easier; I can’t imagine being in my line of work without it. I wouldn’t even want to attempt to use anything else!”