Telecommunications providers are tasked with maintaining a balanced approach to 811 ticket management and damage prevention that simultaneously ensures the stability of their services, the efficiency of their teams, and the protection of their most high-value assets in an increasingly competitive market.
The reliability of services provided by telecommunications companies has never been more crucial than it is today. KorTerra empowers your team to capitalize on growth potential, optimize workflow efficiency, and maximize protection of underground facilities.
- Optimize productivity with KorTerra Field App
- Drive cost savings by screening unnecessary on-site locates
- Reduce late locates with precise routing and communication tools
- Utilize historical data to inform asset deployment decisions
- Protect your underground facilities with a preemptive approach to high consequence dig sites
- Reduce damages by providing real-time facility data to your field staff
- Deploy the correct assets to perform specific facility or high consequence locates as they are received
- Address complex, high profile locates in house as necessary
- Heighten awareness related to historically problematic excavators
- Establish uniformity across your organizational footprint
- Eliminate operational inefficiencies with detailed reporting and analytics
- Increase insight into real-time field activity
- Maximize transparency in all aspects of operations both current and historical
How are leading telecommunications companies leveraging KorTerra?
KorTerra Advantage: Productivity Management and Locate Management
Windstream provides data networking, core transport, security, unified communications, and managed services to mid-market, enterprise, and wholesale customers throughout the United States and processes more than two million one call tickets annually. With services available in 40 states and delivered over multiple platforms including a nationwide IP network, proprietary cloud core architecture, and on a local and long-haul fiber network spanning approximately 169,000 miles, Windstream is an extensive operation with many moving parts to coordinate.
Providing a range of services across a broad territory, Windstream sought a ticket management system that would improve efficiency and generate cost savings throughout a sizable organization. Windstream has several ticket screening personnel on staff and needed to ensure that each was set up for success to maximize efficiency company-wide. Additionally, Windstream sought to expand reporting abilities to allow for more robust analytics and forecasting.
- Integrated facility mapping made it easier for locate coordinators to identify high-profile locates without having to compare two different screens or systems, and for locators to best prioritize their daily workload.
- Utility to contract locator interface allowed Windstream screeners to send tickets to their contract locators in the field with the push of a button.
- Enhanced screening capabilities created efficiency gains organization wide by allowing for a higher volume of tickets to be screened and unnecessary locates to be avoided.
- KorTerra reporting abilities provided Windstream with insight on user productivity, ticket volume per region, vendor on-time performance, ticket count per time period, types of locates, and more.
$350,000+ saved per year with 75-100 tickets (average) per day auto cleared
Several million dollars saved from 2M+ tickets screened yearly
Increased cleared in-house percentages with integrated mapping that help screeners prioritize areas with higher potential clear rates
The implementation of KorTerra has streamlined processes throughout each region within Windstream’s organization. Windstream screens and clears a higher number of tickets more effectively than ever before and has generated notable cost savings as a result. Screening personnel are equipped with tools that allow for quicker, more accurate, and more straightforward decision making. Windstream has also benefitted from cohesive record keeping and processes as well as expanded reporting capabilities.
“Our processes have changed a great deal since implementation; leveraging KorTerra products and certain enhancements has resulted in a very impressive YTD team average of 80 tickets screened per hour.”
- Craig Hilgenberg, Damage Prevention Supervisor, Windstream
KorTerra Advantage: Locate Management and Productivity Management
Headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, MetroNet provides fiber optic telecommunication services including high-speed fiber internet and fiber phone to both business and residential customers. MetroNet has a footprint in over 100 communities throughout Indiana, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Prior to implementation of KorTerra, the MetroNet team lacked a thorough understanding of the costs associated with damage prevention and locate management. Damage prevention was an expensive but necessary black hole of unknown quantities. The need for increased insights into claims and locate tracking, as well as increased visibility into third party work, was imperative. MetroNet sought a solution that would empower their team with actionable data that ensured they were operating both efficiently and cost effectively.
- Quantifiable data allows MetroNet to easily provide documentation necessary to demonstrate tax credit and deduction eligibility, resulting in the ability to reinvest heavily into their business
- Increased insights into ticket volume influxes, damage prevention cost structure, and workflows
- Heightened understanding of third-party locator and excavator activities and track records
- Scorecards used to grade internal teams vs. third parties objectively, no longer reliant upon data from outside sources
14% increase in eligible tax deductions over 10 months through improved documentation
3x increase of fiber installation vs. previous year
10-20% reduction in costs from internal ticket screening
MetroNet’s significant increase in tax deductions and tax credit eligibility is a powerful result of implementing KorTerra Locate and Productivity Management. Leveraging KorTerra data to its full potential has allowed MetroNet to provide necessary proof points that demonstrate eligibility for credits and deductions. This has resulted in substantially greater reinvestment into the businesses and communities MetroNet serves. MetroNet has gained a deep understanding of data that empowers strategic business decisions to positively impact the bottom line.
“The same top notch customer service expectations that we have as a business are mirrored by the KorTerra teams. From the sales process to implementation, it was a fast and painless process.”
- Jason Poyser, Director of Locating, MetroNet